Charlotte Campus



Counseling Services makes available to clients a variety of print, audio, and visual media. Visit the Health & Counseling Services clinic for a list of available resources.






These links are provided as a supportive resource to JWU students as well as other visitors. The views and opinions expressed are those of the various entities and are not necessarily those of Johnson & Wales University Health & Counseling Services; as such, Health & Counseling Services assumes no responsibility for the content of these websites. Internet-related information is not intended as a substitute for face-to-face counseling work.


Anonymous, Online Question-and-answer Forum

Go Ask Alice (Columbia University) 

College-focused Mental Health Information






Off-Campus Contacts

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police
Central Division
Non-emergency: (704) 336-7600
Emergency: 911 (9-911 from on-campus phone)

Carolinas Medical Center
1000 Blythe Boulevard

Presbyterian Hospital
200 Hawthorne Lane

Behavioral Health
CMC-Randolph, 501 Billingsley Road

Anuvia Prevention and Recovery
Samuel Billings Center, 429 Billingsley Road
Non-emergency: (704) 445-6900
Emergency: 704-358-2800

Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services
Kuralt Center, 301 Billingsley Road
(704) 336-3000

National Sexual Assault Hotline
1-800-656-4673 (24 hours)

Suicide Hotline
704-358-2800 (24 hours)

Domestic Violence Crisis
1-800-799-7233 (24 hours)

SAMHSA-Alcoholics Anonymous
1-800-622-HELP (4357) (24 hours)

SAMHSA-Narcotics Anonymous
1-800-622-HELP (4357) (24 hours)

Planned Parenthood

Mecklenburg County Health Department



Disorders & Academics

Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities, including mental disorders. Johnson & Wales University works with students to provide accommodations appropriate to their documented disability when they choose to disclose it.

Counseling Services does not diagnose disorders for the purpose of academic accommodations; documentation must originate from an appropriate professional provider not related to Johnson & Wales University.

If you are considering seeking accommodations please see the Center for Academic Support. Advisors will assist you with the documentation process and provide you with ongoing support.