Charlotte Campus

Health Services provides basic healthcare for students, manages immunization compliance, and offers educational programs that promote well-being.

Visit/Contact Us

Covid Testing Sites Testing Sites

 Please submit COVID test results to 



  • Consultation, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up for common illnesses and injuries (i.e. common cold and flu, allergies, headaches, stomach complaints, strains and sprains).
  • Wound Care: burns, lacerations, and suture removal
  • Sexual Health: STI screening, testing and treatment
  • Women’s Health: pregnancy testing, family planning, and STI testing and treatment
  • Screening, education and referral for management of diabetes, hypertension, depression and anxiety
  • Referrals for coordination of care/specialists



Please bring your JWU ID and your insurance card to all appointments



Patient Portal

Medicat Student Patient Portal is our online medical record system. On this site, you can upload medical records, input vaccines, view upcoming appointments, and review and print your records. To access Medicat Student Patient Portal, please visit: Log-in to your account, then click on “new student checklist.” The link to the portal can be found on the right hand side of the page.







Do you need to have school insurance to visit health insurance?

You do not need school insurance or any insurance to visit health services. However, if any lab work or testing needs to be done, you will need to provide insurance information for billing.

Does health services provide notes if you are sick and miss class?

No, Health services does not provide “sick notes” or excuses for missing class.

Will my parents know if I visit health services?

All visits to Health services are confidential. We will not share your medical information to anyone without your written consent.

How do I get a copy of my insurance my school insurance card?

Go to and scroll to Johnson & Wales University. There is a link to access your insurance ID on the home page.

How can I get a copy of my vaccine record?

If you are still an active student, go to the Medicat Student Patient Portal found on under new student checklist. If you are no longer an active student, you can email us at to request a copy. We will email a consent form for you to fill out and send your vaccine record upon receipt of consent.

Does health services refill medication?

Health services can refill most commonly prescribed medications. Please contact health services at 980-598-1700 to schedule an appointment.

801 West Trade St. Charlotte, NC 28202

Located on the 2nd floor, Academic Center

Mon - Thursday 7:30a.m. – 7p.m. and Friday 8a.m. to 1 p.m.

Phone: 980-598-1700